Skip to main content

Marrie Le Pen Arrested for Embezzlement

Written by Daniel Mercado

Le Pen has been found guilty of embezzlement, along with 24 other senior members of RN, for misusing 4 million Euros to cover party expenses. As a part of the ruling Le Pen has been barred from running for office for 5 years, and pay a fine of 100,000 Euros. Le Pen’s right hand man, National Rally President Jordan Bardella stated that, “Today it is not only Marine Le Pen who was unjustly convicted: It was French democracy that was killed,"

Comments

More from The Weekly Rose

My Journey Here, Thus Far

Sometimes, I find it helps to ask ourselves how we got to where we are now. My freshman year at Unionfest, as I was bobbing and weaving through a sea of barely-adults, I came across a table for the Sunrise Movement. I knew about the organization from its work with the Green New Deal and AOC, but I didn’t know that KU had a chapter! I scanned a QR code to join their GroupMe and eventually started showing up to meetings towards the end of my first semester.

Carrying the Flame: A Reflection at One Year Since “The Kirkening"

Reflecting on what has happened since the chickens came home to roost, instead of seeing the emergence of “ten million new Charlie Kirks,” the weeks to follow saw a collective trampling of his legacy.

KUnion Busting: 427 Days Without a Contract

Management takes months to produce counterproposals and is often underprepared to bargin, but tell UAKU "Don't punish us for good deeds". Over a year after winning their union, there is still no contract in sight for faculty and academic staff as the University of Kansas’ management stalls negotiations.

The World May Burn but at Least we Have Our Treats

“If socialism is so good, why is almost every country capitalist?” What Marcuse’s Counterrevolution Can Teach Us about Treatlerites.