Skip to main content

America Bombs Houthis’ Weapons Depot

Written by Daniel Mercado

A Houthi weapon Depot in Yemen has been the target of multiple American airstrikes. According to a CNN article, 5 underground Houthi arsenals have been bombed by US Airforce and US Navy B-2 stealth bombers. [1] These strikes were approved by President Joe Biden as a way to diminish war making capacities of the Houthis.

Secretary of Defense Llyod Austin stated that, “U.S. forces targeted several of the Houthis' underground facilities housing various weapons components of types that the Houthis have used to target civilian and military vessels throughout the region.” [2]

The US has previously conducted an airstrike against the Houthis back on the fourth of this month, destroying “weapons systems, bases and other equipment” according to an AP article. [3]

Comments

More from The Weekly Rose

My Journey Here, Thus Far

Sometimes, I find it helps to ask ourselves how we got to where we are now. My freshman year at Unionfest, as I was bobbing and weaving through a sea of barely-adults, I came across a table for the Sunrise Movement. I knew about the organization from its work with the Green New Deal and AOC, but I didn’t know that KU had a chapter! I scanned a QR code to join their GroupMe and eventually started showing up to meetings towards the end of my first semester.

Carrying the Flame: A Reflection at One Year Since “The Kirkening"

Reflecting on what has happened since the chickens came home to roost, instead of seeing the emergence of “ten million new Charlie Kirks,” the weeks to follow saw a collective trampling of his legacy.

KUnion Busting: 427 Days Without a Contract

Management takes months to produce counterproposals and is often underprepared to bargin, but tell UAKU "Don't punish us for good deeds". Over a year after winning their union, there is still no contract in sight for faculty and academic staff as the University of Kansas’ management stalls negotiations.

The World May Burn but at Least we Have Our Treats

“If socialism is so good, why is almost every country capitalist?” What Marcuse’s Counterrevolution Can Teach Us about Treatlerites.

How Bob Dole Set the Stage for Trump to Defund Public Broadcasting

In 1992, former Kansas Senator Bob Dole tried to kill public broadcasting. Trump is pushing Congress to finish the job.